The post is for 16 hours per week. The working pattern is Tuesday to Friday, 1.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
Salary Banding - £9,756.02 to £11,319.25 per annum (fte £23,228.62 to £26,950.61 per annum)
Please note we do not operate a performance related reward system or automatic incremental payments
Team Fostering is an ethical not for profit fostering agency with a strong reputation and track record for providing high quality, value for money fostering placements for looked after children. We pride ourselves on our values and we expect our staff to commit to and demonstrate these values in their everyday work.
As part of our continued growth as an agency and the on-going development of our services, we are expanding our Placements Team and would welcome applications from skilled professionals who are able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work in a fast paced, often pressured environment, working to tight deadlines and with competing demands
- Excellent written and communication skills with internal and external colleagues
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive and solution focussed approach
- Excellent negotiation skills with foster carers and local authorities to influence decision making
- Ability to digest, analyse and process complex and often highly sensitive information regarding children and young people
- Ability to market the services of Team Fostering, including the skills and experience of our foster carers by gaining an in-depth knowledge of our foster carers
- Ability to maintain and update foster carer profiles as an effective marketing tool
- Ability to develop effective, positive relationships with foster carers
- Ability to be able to manage difficult and challenging conversations with stakeholders, including foster carers and local authorities
- An ability to quickly develop an understanding of the needs of children who are referred to Team Fostering, in order to assist foster carers with their decision making
- An ability to negotiate effectively with local authorities regarding complex finance and contractual arrangements
- A proven ability to work effectively as a team player, whilst also able to work unsupervised, using own initiative
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload
For an informal chat about the post please contact Liz Fenton (Principle Placements Officer) on 0114 261 7762.
To apply, please complete an Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form (available below) and return via email to email@example.com no later than 9am on 24 February 2020.
Please note Team Fostering does not accept CV’s.
All posts require Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Friday 13 March 2020
Interviews will be held on: Monday 30 March 2020
Please note if you are shortlisted for interview we will contact you via the email you have provided. Please ensure you check your emails regularly.
Thank you for your interest in Team Fostering and taking the time to apply for this position.